Who we are:
We've spent the last 40 years mastering the art of helping business owners create the business and the life they've always wanted.
Small business is the lifeblood of our economy, but the people who own and operate them often don’t have the structure, tools, perspective, and support to succeed. We coach them in all the disciplines they never learned about building a business that works so they can find freedom for themselves and create a company that enriches the lives of their customers and employees.
The E-Myth Revisited, written by our founder Michael Gerber, is one of the 10 best-selling business books of all time and has inspired millions of business owners to work on their business, not just in it. Our Coaching Program, based on the principles of the book, is designed to help them make the transition from “technicians” whose business works because of them to leaders whose business can flourish without them.
You’re our kind of person if you know that business isn’t just business—it’s personal, if you really care about people, if you love creating with others to produce results that are greater than the sum of the parts, and if you’re unsatisfied with quick fixes and have an insatiable need to uncover the root cause of things that don’t work the way you want them to.
We teach our clients that a business is meant to give them more life, not less—so our work hours are sane, we resist politics, and we expect passion, not pretense. We respect each other’s differences and contributions because we know that a great company depends on us working together. We’re committed to an uncommonly genuine way of being with each other, our independent coaches, and our clients.
As Director of IT, you’ll report directly to the VP of Finance & Operations and be seen as a leader in the organization. You’ll oversee the maintenance of our website, Salesforce CRM system, internal networks, external contracted development resources, internal technology stacks, and staff and client tech support team.
You’re the person we’re looking for if:
- You have the kind of broad perspective that allows you to visualize and improve system integrations across our technological landscape.
- Your project management skills are outstanding, and you love guiding teams to creating high-quality results on time.
- You bridge the gap between business needs and development resources through exceptional communication and creativity.
- You love building and mentoring high-performance teams, guiding them to create outstanding results and real growth as professionals.
This is an opportunity to create significant growth and scale for a company that is an established brand and launched the business coaching industry four decades ago. It’s also an opportunity for you to grow personally and professionally, to find more of yourself, to push your limits, and to help us realize a vision that’s about creating something truly great.
- Fostering a team culture that’s customer-centric, ensuring that the technology we deliver delights our clients, contacts, coaches, and employees.
- Plan and execute company-wide projects involving our technology platforms that increase operational efficiency and profitability.
- Discover and develop effective and innovative tools that move us closer to our strategic goals.
- Develop and refine technology strategy, providing a clear framework for technology investment and design decisions.
- Manage the department budget and review all spending to ensure it’s aligned with our company strategy.
- Conduct outreach to coaches for feedback gathering, data initiatives, new product releases, and training.
- Coordinate with development resources and translate our business needs into actionable developer-ready stories.
- Oversee technology training and support, including a focus on building an archive of training material that can be used again over time and continuously improved.
- Design and manage customer feedback systems that aid in the design of new features and products.
- Developing strategy for our internal systems and networks, ensuring data integrity, minimizing cost, increasing efficiency, and promoting optimum uptime.
Your background and experience:
- You thoroughly depend on metrics and analytics, but would never sacrifice a strong intuition for quantification.
- You have 5 to 10 years experience managing an IT, Design, or Development team, preferably in an agile structure.
- You understand the value of systems and structure (and love the idea of developing systems in your own department in alignment with EMyth’s perspective on systems).
- Your people management skills are outstanding: recognizing talent, finding talent, mentoring talent, and growing talent.
- You enjoy making things more effortless, searching for efficiencies, product improvements, and process enhancements.
- You think iteratively, always developing hypotheses for the impact of what you want to have, assessing your accuracy, and working to sharpen that skill.
- You’re a leader and aspire to be an even better one. You know that involves taking some risks, making something out of nothing, and rallying your people around a compelling idea.
- You’re a strong communicator and are able to communicate with the entire company about the projects you’re planning and managing.
- You, ideally, have a Bachelors or Masters in IT, MIS, HCI, Product Design, Computer Science or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself.
EMyth is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran or disabled status, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.