Who we are:
We've spent the last 40 years mastering the art of helping business owners create the business and the life they've always wanted.
Small business is the lifeblood of our economy, but the people who own and operate them often don’t have the structure, tools, perspective, and support to succeed. We coach them in all the disciplines they never learned about building a business that works so they can find freedom for themselves and create a company that enriches the lives of their customers and employees.
The E-Myth Revisited, written by our founder Michael Gerber, is one of the 10 best-selling business books of all time and has inspired millions of business owners to work on their business, not just In it. Our Coaching Program, based on the principles of the book, is designed to help them make the transition from “technicians” whose business works because of them to leaders whose business can flourish without them.
You’re our kind of person if you know that business isn’t just business—it’s personal, if you really care about people, if you love creating with others to produce results that are greater than the sum of the parts, and if you’re unsatisfied with quick fixes and have an insatiable need to uncover the root cause of things that don’t work the way you want them to.
We teach our clients that a business is meant to give them more life, not less—so our work hours are sane, we resist politics, and we expect passion, not pretense. We respect each other’s differences and contributions because we know that a great company depends on us working together. We’re committed to an uncommonly genuine way of being with each other, our independent coaches, and our clients.
As Marketing Strategist, you’ll work closely with the Director of Marketing and be responsible for developing and measuring new lead generation channels (both digital and offline), creating an ongoing content strategy, and perform market research. You’ll produce campaigns to engage our followers and speak to more of our target customers, continuously analyze their effectiveness, and identify gaps in our funnel and customer experience.
You’re the person we’re looking for if:
- You care deeply about creating moving, beautifully designed, highly-personal marketing campaigns but you’re also results-driven and know how to make things happen.
- You’re fluent in both digital and offline marketing best practices, equally comfortable implementing a website change or an Adwords campaign, as you are planning an in-person workshop.
- You love working and collaborating closely with a creative team. You’re always ready to passionately share your opinion, but you’re equally open to being impacted by other views.
- You’re a great balance between attention to detail and holding the big picture—moving from a 30,000 foot view to specific details quickly.
This is an opportunity to have a big impact in a company that has an established brand, loyal following, and launched the business coaching industry four decades ago. It’s also an opportunity for you to grow personally and professionally, to find more of yourself, to push your limits, and to have a hand in creating something truly spectacular.
- Develop a deep, felt understanding of our brand, voice, services, and customer experience in order to express The EMyth Way in everything you do
- Research the market, competition, and our customer’s needs to identify new opportunities for growth and connection to our audience
- Intimately understand our customer in order to create and maintain personas, use their feedback to generate new campaigns, and identify ways our positioning and messaging can improve
- Design and implement digital and offline lead generation strategies through our website, social media, content marketing, SEO/SEM, advertising, marketing automation and lead nurturing, lead generation strategies for our coaches, and events
- Develop campaigns to generate brand awareness and qualified leads
- Analyze and monitor marketing and sales metrics in order to identify gaps, measure impact, and forecast trends
- Maintain our web presence and identify areas for improvement
- Establish best practices in digital marketing
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to create a seamless funnel experience for our customers and identify opportunities for growth
Your background and experience:
- You’ve created demonstrable and exceptional growth in a strategic marketing role, ideally in a service-based, B2B business
- Experience creating marketing campaigns that move people, drive them to action and create lead growth and brand awareness using a variety of tools and mediums, e.g. email, social media, content, search, advertising, and live events
- You’ve significantly grown web traffic and lead conversions, e.g. from 10,000 monthly visits to over 100,000
- Experience designing, implementing, and continuously optimizing Google Adwords campaigns to drive new web traffic
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of CRMs and Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with web design and HTML/CSS
- You know how to work with a team of designers, copywriters, developers, and project managers to get projects completed in alignment with your vision
- You thoroughly depend on metrics and analytics, but would never sacrifice a strong intuition for quantification
- You understand the value of systems and structure (and love the idea of developing marketing systems in alignment with EMyth’s perspective on systems)
- You think iteratively, always developing hypotheses for the impact of what you want to have, assessing your accuracy, and working to sharpen that skill
- You’re a strong communicator and are able to translate complex information into insights that give people a deeper understanding of our business
- You, ideally, have a degree in marketing or another related field, or equivalent experience
Please submit a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself.
EMyth is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran or disabled status, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.